Monday, January 20, 2014

Our Big Day - 28th December 2013 (Part II)


The Pastorale was willing to open just for our wedding and so we could have the whole restaurant for our own private function. Atmosphere was great and everything was decorated in style, in sync with our yellow theme. Luc and I both love this restaurant for the fact that the chef and his staff were always nice to us, the food was excellent and never disappoints and the ambiance is great.

 I like the brightly lit rooms and white walls.

The menu was specially created for us!


 The table setting is simple yet stylish!


While waiting, everybody was served with champagne and canapes. The canapes were delicious especially the fresh oysters which I managed to slurped two and then followed by sips of the lovely bubbly.

 Here I was feeding hubby an oyster in the kitchen!

We took some nice pictures in the kitchen. This is what we both love - eat and indulge!

 Hubby is very happy...

 Dad is equally happy too!

 Butter & Salt

 Pastorale has also a wide range of Gins!

 Our first dish - Scallop with gooseliver, muesli & hazelnut

 A special olive oil bottled for Pastorale.

 Everybody is enjoying the dishes! 

 I love the wines!!!

 
My dad is so cute... 

Luc's best man, Dominiek gave a funny speech which everyone laughed their heart out.

 Then it was Ziling's turn. At first she was making fun of me by telling all my embarrassing moments but towards the end, it was really touching.

It was only natural that tears came rolling down my cheeks. I realised that I would miss my sisters very much and we no longer share the same room, bags and there will always be an empty seat at the dinner table.

Turbot with pumpkin, bergamot and capucine root

The next wine was the Chateau Latour 1995 which we brought from our cellar to pair with the main dish which is the capon. The wine was simply delicious!

Cheers!

Marie-Claire, Chef Bart's wife brought out the Capon to show to the guests. Capon is actually what we called a castrated rooster and this is slow-cooked until the flesh is so soft and tender that it simply melts in the mouth.
Capon with cauliflower, truffle, onion and whisky. It was the best chicken I've ever eaten and until today I was still craving for a slice of Capon.

Chef Bart deboning the Capon.

The desserts were paired with Chateau Y'quem 1998 which we brought two magnums to the restaurant and it was drinking so well! The Glenfarclas 1968 cask #699 was selected by Luc Timmermans and even guests who do not drink whisky had actually 2 drams! Need I say more?

 So tempting as I look at this picture...

 And then the wedding cake was whisked into the room...

 A Pierre Marcolini Chocolate cake arranged by Bart and made with Glenfarclas 175 Chairman's Reserve. The chocolate cake was heavenly and we wonder what happened to the 2 unfinished cakes?

 A nice picture with the chef. So nice of him to be here for our special day!

Look at Luc's reaction!!! He has a soft spot for chocolates...

And ME of course!!!



13 comments:

KY said...

such a beautiful bride, congrats again Eiling!

Sylvia said...

Congrats Eiling

suanie said...

nasib baik i dah makan, kalau tak...

Huai Bin said...

I love the decor too! That bird's nest design that goes from wall to wall to ceiling is awesome!

I like how there's sprouts with your butter and salt too!

The food looks absolutely awesome too! I'm glad you had a nice wedding dinner! I've always read and watched turbot (the fish) in MasterChef and other shows but never tasted it!

I like how you had a cask of '68 Glenfarclas too - absolute top notch dinner.

Congrats again, have a wonderful life ahead! :D

Frau Kocks said...

Life changes big time when one relocate especially missing love ones at home. Stay optimistic, meet new friends, learn new things and keep yourself occupied so it does not feel so bad especially after the first year. Take care!

Sean said...

these photos are really, really nice! love them! they really seem to capture the happiness of this memorable day. fantastic :D

sgrmse. said...

dear lordd, this post was beautiful from start to end ((((':

congratulations, you! /confetti

norick said...

Hi Eiling, congratulations! Never see it coming when I last read your post in early Dec..

I stumbled across your blog while browsing through the blog that STP reads.. Yours being the first on STP blog list had brought me here early 2013.

I went through your archive and learned that you stay very near to where I am.. and I read with interest on your lifestyle, career in chocolate industry and food reviews on fine dining and wines which is like another world to me.. haha.. although I’m just a year older than you.. another reason would most probably because you know KY.. coz I read his blog too..
Then I read about your decision to resign, retreat to Maldives.. and later on reviews on Europe mainly Belgium.. which is again.. something that is so far reach for me...

Sorry for being a silent reader all this while.... please pardon me.. but to know that you are married and is now Mrs Timmermans enthuses me.. All I can say is you are a very very (n times , LOL) lucky lady!! I wish you well in your journey ahead with Luc ! Congrats again!

Anonymous said...

with many good and sweet food around in Belgium, just watch out for the over eating. please share some with us

Ciki said...

congratulations babe! so happy for you! glad u found the best:)

Huai Bin said...

Is there a Part III to this series Eiling? :D

You can always write about how life is now in Belgium! I'm always keen to read your blog updates!

Anonymous said...

Sorry, your taste for alcohol is great and can't say the same for man.
He is really too old for you and could easily pass as your grandpa.

eiling lim said...

KY: Thanks for your compliments!

Sylvia: Thanks!

Suanie: ahhah... kalau tidak, boleh pergi makan... heheh

Huai Bin: Thanks HB. The sprouts are really cute and you have to use the scissors to cut them too. The turbot is really popular here but it is still an expensive fish and thanks for your compliments. I really had lots of fun during my own wedding.

Frau Kocks: Yeap it is a big step in life to move from my comfort zone to a new place and a new life. I will continue to learn and to pick up dutch too! Take care..

Sean: Thanks Sean. It is a fantastic day with fantastic sunshine.

Sgrmse: Thanks!!

norick: Thank you so much for reading my blog and I must say that if it's not because of KY, I wouldn't find the passion to keep writing for these years. I have done a lot for the past few years and I agree with you that I am really lucky. Don't fret because I'm sure you will have your own life adventures and journey to come. I am really glad I did what I did to achieve today. No regrets!

Anon: I know and I'm trying to control already..

Ciki: Thanks Babe

3iLinG © 2008. Template by Dicas Blogger.

TOPO