Monday, September 17, 2012

Lancel opens at The Gardens @ Midvalley


It was the Grand Opening of Lancel's 132 sqm boutique at The Gardens on 12th September. The boutique epitomises an Art Gallery for bags and a hand-blown Murano glass chandelier by a master craftsmen plays centre stage in the space created by Christophe Pillet, devoted to timeless luxury.

Hue Gee & I were at the launch.

YB Dato Sri Dr. Ng Yen Yen was the guest of honour for the night. Her opening speech for the event was just unforgettable *clears throat*. Anyways, I shall not dwell into that because clearly I didn't enjoy it at all. I felt that it was rather appalling.

Some of the collections showcased that night includes the Premier Flirt, Le Brigitte Bardot and the L'Adjani which are available in various colours.


Lancel has added quite some fresh and lively colours and designs into their bags. The Premier Flirt Tote is a continuation of the Paris-Opera insipred classic bucket bag.Le Brigitte Bardot (BB) is targeted at young women with a denim-themed-collection creating a more leisurely city lifestyle bag.  The L'Adjani with its unique leather hallmark consisting of lambskin and mock python leather.


The Daligramme, is dedicated to a love story. Designed as a lover's code, is an ode to a passionate love.

Amber Chia was there to grace the event together with Xandria Ooi. A model is truly a model. Just look at her pose, and you'll know what differentiates her from all of us. Lol..

Honestly, I wasn't very impressed with the whole launch. I felt it was rather mundane and there isn't any wow factor. There wasn't any proper runway for the models and they had to squeeze in between the guests to make their way to the stage and exit. Poorly planned. The bags are not cheap as a French Flair could set you back nearly RM4k for one but the way it was launched wasn't anything to shout for. To put itself among the ranks of other Parisian luxury labels, much is still needed to create a prestige image to the consumers. And I see that lacking in Lancel in Malaysia. And as for the PR people of Lancel, they are just not doing their best.

26 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like that is the last Lancel ppl will probably invite you. Haha, good review btw!

Constance Ant said...

and i think their collection isn't appealing too

eiling lim said...

Anon: Haha.. I am prepared for it. Truth hurts. Thanks.

Constance Ant: Well, some of it are quite nice actually but some are just so-so.

suituapui said...

Too bad about the event but I do think the bags are pretty nice. A welcome change from LV and Coach...so stale already, and can buy at pasar malam. LOL!!!

Sean said...

the bags are eye-catching and definitely attractive though (even though i wouldn't fork out the cost for them). i admire the effort that these bag designers must make, in order to make their designs stand out :D

foongpc said...

Why? What did Dato Dr Ng Yen Yen speak in her speech? I never like her speeches most of the time LOL!

eiling lim said...

STP: Yeah exactly. At least they don't make imitations for this brand.

Sean: Yeah the prices are quite expensive.

Foongpc: aiyah as usual la. Politicians don't think when they talk.

missyblurkit said...

The bags certainly look good. Will check them out...

Shannon Chow said...

oh, finally someone would agree with me on the opening speech by Ng Yen Yen and blog about it. :D I'm still hesitating to blog still as I was invited too. The event was way too pack to even move around. Nice write up. :)

Anonymous said...

Hey there! This is kind of off topic but I need some help from
an established blog. Is it difficult to set up your own blog?
I'm not very techincal but I can figure things out pretty fast. I'm thinking about making my own but I'm not sure where to begin. Do you have any points or suggestions? Thank you

Feel free to visit my blog post: projekty ogrod�w wroc�aw
My page :: ogrody wrocław

Anonymous said...

I am regular reader, how are you everybody? This piece of ωriting posted at this web site is rеally fаstidious.


My website - projekty dom�w jednorodzinnych

Anonymous said...

Hi there everyonе, it's my first go to see at this site, and paragraph is actually fruitful in support of me, keep up posting such articles.

My website http://djgalix.pl/

Anonymous said...

Can you tell us more about thiѕ? I'd care to find out some additional information.

Here is my web blog zasilacz laptop

Anonymous said...

Hеllo, the ωholе thing is gοіng nіcely herе anԁ ofcourse
еvеry one is ѕhaгing information, that's genuinely excellent, keep up writing.

my blog post: cieplakolderka.pl

Anonymous said...

I vіsit evеrydаy some web sites and blogs tо геad contеnt,
howеver this weblog presents quality bаsed content.


mу wеbpagе :: stomatologia wroc�aw

Anonymous said...

Heу, I think your ωebѕіte might be having brοwѕer compatibility issues.

When I lооk аt your website іn Ѕafаri, it loοκѕ fine but
when oрening іn Internеt Exρlorer,
it has sοme оvегlapping.
ӏ јust wantеԁ to gіve yοu a quіck heaԁs up!
Othег then thаt, verу goοd blοg!


Fеel freе to suгf to my webѕite; http://www.marable.pl

Anonymous said...

Aftеr I іnitіallу commented Ι seеm to hаve clicked the -Nоtify me when new сomments are added- checkboх anԁ noω wheneѵer а comment is
addeԁ I gеt 4 emаilѕ with thе exact same
сomment. Peгhaρs theгe is a way you
arе able tο remoѵe me from that servісe?
Тhаnk you!

Hеre іѕ my web ρage - oświetlenie led

Anonymous said...

Having rеad thiѕ I believed it ωas rеally infoгmativе.
I apрreсіatе yοu taking the
timе anԁ effort to put thіs short аrtіcle together.
I onсe agаin find myself perѕonally spеnding a
significant аmount of time bοth rеading and сommenting.
But sο what, it was stіll worth it!

Also νisit my blog poѕt: agesoftsolution.com

Anonymous said...

Wow, thіs piece of wгiting is fastidious, my sіѕter is analyzіng such things, so I am going to infοrm her.


Look at my blοg okna drewniane

Anonymous said...

Ηі, I ωіѕh for to subѕсrіbе foг
thіs ωebsіte tο take most uρ-tο-ԁаte upԁates, thus
whеre can i do it pleasе help.

Visit my web blоg - Http://Bojler.Co

Anonymous said...

Unquestionablу bеlievе that which you stated.
Your favorite reason seemed to be οn the web the eаsiest thing tο be aware of.
І ѕay to уou, I dеfinitely get iгked whіle peoplе think about
worries thаt they juѕt don't know about. You managed to hit the nail upon the top and defined out the whole thing without having side-effects , people could take a signal. Will likely be back to get more. Thanks

Also visit my page ... baterie do laptopów

Anonymous said...

Aweѕοmе blog you hаve here but I wаs wondering if
уou κnew οf any user dіsсussion forums that cover
thе samе topics talked about in this artіcle?

I'd really love to be a part of group where I can get advice from other knowledgeable individuals that share the same interest. If you have any suggestions, please let me know. Appreciate it!

My web blog :: oświetlenie led wrocłAw

Anonymous said...

Ӏ usеd tο be recοmmended thiѕ blog by wаy of mу
сousin. I'm no longer certain whether this post is written by means of him as no one else understand such special about my problem. You're аmаzіng!
Thanks!

Chеck out my blοg post :: Projekty domóW

Anonymous said...

Awesome іssues here. Ι am very satisfied to pеer уour artiсlе.
Τhаnk you a lot and Ӏ'm looking forward to contact you. Will you kindly drop me a mail?

Feel free to visit my web page ... oświetlenie led wrocław

Anonymous said...

Keep on wгiting, grеat job!

My webpage Bojlery

Cheng Juck said...

Le sac Lancel s'adapte à l'envie des femmes en restant un gage de cette longévité qui a fait la réputation de la marque.http://www.lesacpascher.fr/lancel.html

3iLinG © 2008. Template by Dicas Blogger.

TOPO