Saturday, June 09, 2012

Orange, orange!


This is my new acquisition. In fact it's my first football jersey. I love the colours, and I also love Robin Van Persie. The funny thing is, the sizes in Europe are all so big and I need to buy it from kid's sizes. If you want to know how much is this jersey, it's actually 70 Euros. Oh well, there's always a first. And you'll know which team I support for Euro 2012.

Holland - het winnende team!! Robin Van Persie... Ik vind je leuk!!



Recently, I've also discovered how difficult it is to run on sand. Training at the beach is no easy feat as the sand adds to the friction when running. But it does feel better running at 10°C compared to running at 30°C on a beach in the morning. After almost 5km, I felt like I've lost my legs and my hands were freezing. It is an experience.

This year, I've signed up for a few runs. Coming up, I'll still be running 10km for Standard Chartered KL Marathon and Adidas King of The Road. Then I'll run 7km for NTV Feel Good Run and the ultimate is the debut 21km run in Nov for Penang Bridge Run. Therefore, I really need to run more during these few months to prepare myself. If I can overcome that, I'll run the Standard Chartered Singapore Half Marathon as well.

Wish me luck!


7 comments:

Sean said...

happy football-watching and marathon-running! sounds like it'll be a sporty and physical few weeks ahead :D

Anonymous said...

Haha Holland lost! Maybe it is the eiling factor! Haha

Winnie said...

Hi Ei Ling,

How do you train for your marathons? Do you normally run on the treadmill? I've done 2 10km marathons last year, but did not register for any this year. I'm also thinking of doing a half marathon, but definitely not this year.

-V.- said...

That's a lot of runs lined up ! *impressed*
Just 10km is a feat for me at the moment. See ya at SCMKL n all the best!

missyblurkit said...

Cya at the Standard Chartered Singapore Half Marathon...actually I think we're running almost the same runs except for NTV7s.

Love running on the beach. Its darn a lot of hardwork but its fun for a change:D

KY said...

next try running in 1 feet of water :D

eiling lim said...

Sean: Thanks!

Anon: Haha... I wished I had that much of influence.

Winnie: Well, I try to at least run 2-3 times a week for 5km every time. I don't have specific training regime but just stay out of alcohol and tobacco for a week or two before the run. Give it a try on the half marathon!

V: Thanks... See ya.

Missyblurkit: Hey that's great! See ya!

KY: No thanks!

3iLinG © 2008. Template by Dicas Blogger.

TOPO