Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Doc says...

I've never knew how scary it felt to be collecting a medical report until I had to do it myself. For the past few years, I have really been neglecting my health so much so that I didn't even bother to go for a full body check-up. All I did was some blood tests when I was in college. Deep down, I knew it was supposed to be a priority but I was just simply to lazy to make time for it.

Ok, so finally I woke up one morning and decide to pull myself to my usual gynecologist which is just in my neighbourhood to go for a full medical check-up. It was more than a month ago that I did the health examination and when they called me to pick up my report, I was quite scared actually. And guess what, I didn't have time to pick it up until last week, which was 2-3 weeks later!

I plucked up my courage and drove myself to the clinic. The receptionist told me that I had to wait for more than 20 mins to see the doctor and I told her can I just collect the report and leave? He said, "No. The doctor wants to speak with you."

"Er...." I was so scared that something bad had surfaced! Was there a problem with my liver? (since I drank quite a fair bit these few years...)

It was a 30 minutes wait before I could see the doctor. As she went through my report page by page, my heart skipped a beat. And not until she read the last page of my report that I dare to take a breath! I'm glad I survived the results and basically my bad cholesterol was a little high and my Calcium is a little low.

When asked about my liver, the doc says my liver is fine. I was so worried and I even asked her whether I should be taking liver tablets due to my drinking nature. She says I didn't need to but I think I should. I have been advised to exercise more and which I have been religiously doing it. Sigh... and I would have to return after 12 months for the next medical check-up.

It's really true that you feel good without going through a medical examination because after that you'll feel so uneasy fearing that there might be some problem with your health. Right now, I am feeling very ecstatic due to the pink of health. I just need to control my consumption of cholesterol infused food which I loved so much! And as for wines and whisky, I would still drink them but at moderation levels... I've gone more than a week without alcohol already!

Cheers to good health. I'm drinking tonight for sure!



17 comments:

Corgi 1960 said...

Good to hear you are as fit as a fiddle. Yes, it is never nice to do a body check-up. Going through the report can be even worse!!!
drink more to celebrate!!!hahahaha

eiling lim said...

Corgi: Haha... Am sure you just had yours. I hope you're ok and all fine by now!

suituapui said...

Let's drink to your health! Cheers!!! LOL!!!

Sean said...

phew, congrats! i had a comprehensive health check last year too, and everything was fine (even the cholesterol). but i still remind myself that good health won't last forever, sigh...

eiling lim said...

STP: thanks! and cheers to you too!

Sean: Phew.... am glad we were both fine and still enjoying all those good food out there!

foongpc said...

Congrats for the good results! Oh, that reminds me to go for my medical check up too!

Anonymous said...

If u dun kill yourself today, u kill yourself tomolo, Cheers!

Anonymous said...

If u dun kill yourself today, u kill yourself tomolo, Cheers!

Anonymous said...

She is not a good doctor because she did not ask you to stop drinking

Anonymous said...

What don't kill you today will only make you stronger tomorrow.

eiling lim said...

Foongpc: It's time!

Anon: Yeah cheers!

choi yen said...

I have same feeling like you when waiting for my medical report result ;P

Lianne said...

I cannot help wondering how the germans here do it. They drink beer/schnapps/sekt like water and are still okayy?!

eiling lim said...

Choi Yen: Yeah... scary

Lianne: Maybe they have a very good liver genes! hahah

Huai Bin said...

w00t! Congrats Eiling! :D

Good health is underrated, it's an awesome thing to have.

I have liver and kidney issues though, the liver thing is more serious - progressing from bad to worse (not just coz of alcohol, coz of something hepatoxic that I take). :x

Anonymous said...

People who don't drink not necessary live longer or healthier e.g. European live longer than Arabs.

As you only live once, better to enjoy.

eiling lim said...

Thanks anon!

3iLinG © 2008. Template by Dicas Blogger.

TOPO