Monday, December 06, 2010

Watching the Singapore Marathon @ The Ritz Carlton

After my meeting on Thursday and Friday in Singapore, I decide to stay over the weekends for some leisure time and some shopping for warm clothings for my Europe trip this Saturday. I read that it was freezing cold in London and I haven't even got the checklist ready for my 2 weeks trip. Worst of all, I haven't even got my train ticket from Amsterdam to Paris! Apparently Thalys does not accept credits cards outside of Europe and now I am frantically asking around if someone has an European credit card.



I got the clothings and jacket from Uniqlo and a pair of really comfortable flat pumps and socks from Muji (from Ion Orchard). A friend asked me if I am into Japanese clothings because I am getting everything from Japanese stores. It's not the case. I like these stores because I knew that I can get what I wanted and although they are a little more expensive, these are good quality items. Total spending SGD$300.

The Ritz-Carlton, Milennia Singapore is actually a very nice hotel to stay in. Although it's not my usual hotel that is located in Orchard Road, this hotel overlooks the Marina Bay and the view was just breathtaking.


The view overlooks the Marina Bay Sands, The Helix Bridge, Marina Bay's Floating Stadium which featured a very cool floating soccer field and you can even see One Fullerton from up here. The white dots that you see on the water is actually helium balloons. There were thousands of them floating on the water. I heard that these balloons are for the wishes.


Ok, my pictures sucked but the real view is really nice. The rooms are luxurious and what I loved most is the big windows in front of the bed and there is one too at the bathtub. I was also advised not to take a shower with the curtains opened! lol.. The bed is so comfortable and it's huge and in fact the room size here is much bigger than what you get in the hotels at Orchard Rd.



The best deal is that - they gave complimentary Valrhona chocolates! These Valrhona squares come in milk and dark variants. It's just perfecto!



The Club Lounge does serve breakfast but the selection is rather limited. I had some chinese steamed dumplings, roasted potatoes, cheese sausages which is very crunchy and delicious and some omelette. The view here is just great and at the same time, I can actually watch the ongoing Singapore Marathon.

The Standard Chartered Marathon Singapore 2010 saw a big participation this year with 60,000 people joining the 3 routes which includes a full marathon (42.195km), half marathon (21.1km) and a 10km marathon. The full marathon starts at 5am and is flagged off at Orchard Rd. By the time I had my breakfast at 10am, I am still in time to catch the action as I see them passing by the Marina Bay.



I had a flight to catch at 1pm and I decided to leave at 11am so that I do not miss my flight due to the traffic conditions. Many roads were closed for the marathon and lucky I was at the airport early and had enough time to do my GST claims and browse through the duty free shops.

I had such a good time there and looking forward for my next trip to the republic again.



13 comments:

"Joe" who is constantly craving said...

ritz was quite the bomb, not very modern like but the pillow and the bed, yes the bath tube with the ferragamo soap too.

eiling lim said...

Joe: That is a ferragamo soap? gosh i didn't know that! but the bed was so good!

Miyagestore said...

heee, enjoy your upcoming trip in Europe and my colleague is in Paris one of the exhibition and saying its Snowing there..

so you better bring more clothes~

Jobless Girl said...

The chocolate packaging looks nice.

Sean said...

the view does look very soothing. calm, wide-open water features! wonder if all their rooms have a similarly great view though!

TY said...

Ritz rooms are always above the class, the best I have stayed with Ritz is in Jakarta.
Best to pack more warm clothing for Europe as is damn cold here now and the windchill is -10c on certain days.

teguh said...

minute parking only 10 minutes just to read your blog;)

eiling lim said...

Miyagestore: Thanks! I know it's frigging cold there.

Jobless girl: it's looks classy rite?

Sean: There are 2 views, one with the marina bay sands and the other is the Kallang bay. Different rates! haha

TY: Yeah i heard about the terrible weather too! Aiks... The ritz rocks and I love the bed!

Teguh: thanks for dropping by

suituapui said...

Have a great trip... VERY cold there - keep your neck wrapped up, will help prevent colds...and do bring along thermal clothing and underwear. Do be prepared for flight delays and pray for the airports to stay open. Hope the weather does not get worse.

eiling lim said...

STP: Hey thanks. I've read about the delays and hopefully everything turns out fine! I will freeze there!

Jess said...

I hope you got lots of HEATTECH thermal clothing from UNIQLO - this is quite possibly the only thing that will keep you from freezing in the cold weather we're experiencing in London. Enjoy your trip! :)

cibol said...

i saw the banner and the ads of the marathon everywhere in singapore. :p it's a big thing i guess

eiling lim said...

Jess: Yes I did get the heattech clothing. Thanks for the advice!

Cibol: It's a big thing!

3iLinG © 2008. Template by Dicas Blogger.

TOPO