Friday, October 15, 2010

Madam Kwan @ Midvalley !!!


A night of disaster...


The reason why I put 3 exclamation marks on this post is that I've never had eaten at any Madam Kwan outlet that disgusts me so much like this one here! Even as I was writing it now, I don't even know how to begin.

On this day, Friday night, I went out for a movie with colleagues and after the movie, we wanted to have some bites as we were already peckish. We approached Chillis but it was full and then it was Delicious and they were full too/ Lastly we decided to try Madam Kwan and the lady at the front reception told us that we have to wait if we want a table of 8 but if we can split into a table of 4, we can have a table straight away. Considering everyone was hungry, we opt for the latter.

When we walked in, we saw so many empty tables! There was one section which is practically empty and they have the nerve to tell us to wait?!! It seemed that they had cleaned that area and do not want to use the area. This is not a good explanation I tell you. The faces of the waitresses and waiters whom served us are as black as the pot that was burnt. What have we done to deserve their unfriendly looks? Hey, eating at Madam Kwan is not cheap ok?!!

The waitress just threw the menu on the table and left. When we were served our drinks, the waitress left the drinks at the end of the table and expect us to distribute it ourselves! She was too lazy to walk to the other side. The cute waiter whom served us also had a black face until we praised how good he was carrying so many plates at once. The service was horrendous. *shakes head*

The best part was - while we were all eating, there was a big rat, a brownish one and bigger than my palm was on the sofa. It leaped into one of the holes in the wall before hiding behind the curtain. We were all screaming but none of the staff seemed to care until we told them that there's a rat! Later, the rat was seen crawling on the floor across the restaurant. We didn't manage to snap a picture as it was too fast for us. Then, they came with a fruit platter as compliments to us. I refused to eat that fruit platter. It was of course trying to keep my mouth shut about this incident.

When we have settled the bill, I asked to see the manager. And guess what? The manager never come and when we leave, no one bothered to tell us why the manager didn't come to see us. This is definitely the worst place I've ever dined at. A bowl of Asam Laksa at Madam Kwan (RM15.90) can definitely buy me 3 bowls of the same thing elsewhere with better service even if it's a coffee shop or roadside stall. At least you'll be prepared of rats running around.

I am not coming back!


22 comments:

suanie said...

wah lau that's horrible! not acceptable at any standards!

coffeesncookies said...

ewwwww... that's really really bad, I would hv expected better from Mdm Kwan. Must tell it to Madam, she's always sitting at the Pavilion outlet greeting guests. Nxt time I see her, I'll tell her abt the rats !

Simon Seow said...

tsk, tsk. madam kwan used to be good in terms of service and food. The KLCC outlet one very nice in terms of that.

fresh said...

omigosh that's terrible! and their food is so freaking expensive too T___T

eiling lim said...

Suanie: Exactly lo... I wished I knew Madam Kwan!

Coffeencookies: Yeah tell her that when you see her. I was so pissed!

Simon: I have no problem with the one in KLCC too.

Fresh: Yeah with that price I can easily get 3 or 4 bowls of the same thing outside.

Hin Ching said...

Sounds like a horrible experience. Isn't there a department where you can voice a formal complaint. Get health inspectors to reevaluate the actual condition of the place? Closure if necessary. That said, despite the lack of photographic evidence, you have at least 7 additional witnesses to the ordeal which should count for something.

Dennis Ong said...

Eeew~ rats? in MV?? how can that be? that's bad.... =s

thule a.k.a leo said...

funny.. I have not been to Madam Kwan until today!

suituapui said...

Heard of Madam Kwan, never been. Eyew...that kind of attitude! Guess their feet have grown too big for their shoes. RATS!!! Gosh...I thought we would only see that among the stalls of Petaling Street or Jalan Alur. Inform the Health Department...and let them face the music.

li wei said...

the table part, this is wat happend to me n bf at The Ship in Penang...DO NOT PATRON them too...

best part of all, bf asked "So you are turning us out??"...The waitress replies "Yes" with no Sorry...

i believe when I'm paying for something, I expect something worth my money...

taufulou said...

uh uh..never knew their customer service so bad eh.. but i have only dine there 2 times only as i felt for that kind of price i can go for better food..

what to do.. i think they should fire that worker!

foongpc said...

Huh? Such lousy service!! Luckily I've never dined there before, and now after reading this, I don't think I will ever!

Sean said...

yikes! someone once told me that rats can be found at most malls that have been around for more than five years. hopefully the restaurants manage to keep them out of the kitchens though...

eiling lim said...

Hin Ching: Well, I believe we have a stronger argument if we have the photographs. I just can't believe the attitude of the staff is just so terrible!

Dennis: Haha.. and they blamed the next outlet for the rodents.

Thule: You didn't miss anything!

STP: Yeah guess what? Rats can be seen in Midvalley and in a place where you pay RM15 for your asam laksa.

Liwei: we have to boycott these outlets. Die die also I won't eat there again.

Foongpc: Good. keep it that way and you haven't miss a thing.

Sean: It just make you wonder what happened to the other outlets after some years. Just because you didn't see a rat running around doesn't mean that there isn't one.

li wei said...

yes..boycott madam kwan..other places serve just as good nasi lemak....n asam laksa...let's just drive to penang for it...lol

KY said...

hahah this is not a place for datin ok!

Anonymous said...

May be madam kwan hasn't organize any 'food review' for food bloggers.

TY said...

Sounds like the same service in KLCC when they 1st open their outlet there, after all the complaints from the corp co. in KLCC, the service have improved since then.

Is not worth paying those kind of price for the food and service.

eiling lim said...

Li Wei: Yeah I think so too. Better eat at roadside stalls.

KY: Datin eats RM15 asam laksa, commoners like me should eat RM5 asam laksa.

Anon: Yeah maybe you're right. They should impress us with a bloggers review at Midvalley outlet hor... Probably you can help to get the message through? :P

TY: But I have no problem with the KLCC one. Didn't know that the MV one is that bad!

Mavericko said...

Now it must be "Madam Kwai Lan"!!!

eiling lim said...

Mavericko: Is that supposed to be a rude word? hehe

Anonymous said...

Totally agree with you.
Their service sucks
A restaurant does not win just because of good food, but also their service

3iLinG © 2008. Template by Dicas Blogger.

TOPO