Saturday, August 21, 2010

I have Crocs!

It's not a big deal owning a pair of Crocs but this is really my first pair of Crocs and it's not one but two!!! Although Crocs was introduced to the Malaysian shores a couple of years ago, I did not really join the craze like everyone else who seemed to own at least a pair of Crocband (or Asadi and various imitations). I just don't understand why people would buy a shoe that looks an oversized-Ronald Mcdonald-shoes-with-holes?!! I wouldn't even thought of owning a pair even if you tell me it's Prada. Maybe you can put it this way, I will not spend so much on a pair of slippers and moreover it doesn't match my style.



Crocs at Subang Parade


But my perception towards a quality pair of slippers changed tremendously after my trip to Australia last year. I had to walk a lot in Sydney and there was this time which I couldn't go on anymore with the shoe I was wearing and conveniently enough, there was this Gisele Bundchen Ipanema slippers at the store and I decided to get one. I've never thought I would spend AUD$30 on a pair of slippers! But to my surprise, it was just so comfortable and it's different from the RM10 slippers. From that moment, I realised that the price correlates to the quality!

After that, I was more willing to discover other "expensive" slippers such as Havaianas and also Crocs. The reason why I didn't own any pair of Crocs until recently is that I do not realise that they have other range of more "fashion trendy & acceptable" designs to me rather than its signature Crocband shoes.



I tried a number of pairs and designs. I particularly like their wedges range and at least it doesn't look very "Crocs". There was this pair of Hanalei (Blue and Beige sandal) that I wanted but they do not have my size *disappointed* and so I settled for a black pair which I could wear it for work. Then, I fell in love with the Havana in white too and decided to grab it as well.


My first two pairs of Crocs!

There are still a number of others that is very nice and comfy such as Melbourne and Lydia which I think I'll get it the next time as the finances is not looking very healthy.



Hanalei (RM229) and Havana (RM209)

My cousins are all Crocs users and now finally I got converted. What I liked about these shoes is that no one could tell that these are Crocs because it doesn't look that "rubbery or plasticky". I'll be putting the shoes to a test and see if they are more comfortable than my other more expensive branded wedges and to see if anyone realise that these are from Crocs! There will be lots of walking in Langkawi next week and I'll see if they can stand up to the test! hehe....



17 comments:

Sean said...

oh yeah, they look like excellent walking shoes! but gotta be careful to keep the white ones clean, rite :D

suituapui said...

I can't wear. Bought a pair of slippers - around RM160...but so painful to use!!! Sigh!!! I can only use cheap stuff, I guess...

uLi.佑莉 said...

I still can't accept to buy a RM200++ rubber sandal leh.... >.<

KY said...

mom loves crocs, but don't think i can justify having them tho..

eiling lim said...

Sean: Yeah I also have a worry on the white shoes. Maybe later it'll become a brown pair...

STP: Wah then you're so lucky! Give the expensive one to me la in exchange for the cheap one.

uLi: Once you try it, you'll know why you won't mind spending that money to feel comfortable.

KY: But you can justify by buying them for mom right?!! hehe

Corgi 1960 said...

Even for a simple Crocs, you went thru great lengths just to be different. You are indeed of woman of taste....good taste, that is.
have a nice day with your new Crocs. Comes handy on your Europe trip wor, if u delay it until next summer. hehehehe

taufulou said...

ahhh..you are in the crocz family ahhh~

Huai Bin said...

I've seen some nice ones around too, but yeah have never been a convert too. :)

Carrie said...

i love the white wedges... trendy yet comfortable!

thule a.k.a leo said...

WOW!! 2 pairs at once :P right now I have yet to buy a pair of Crocs. I'd wait till my old pair of sandals to get worn out before buying new one.

foongpc said...

Err...I still am not a convert....yet. The ones u bought don't look like they are from Crocs! Well, good luck with them in Langkawi! : D

eiling lim said...

Corgi: Thanks! Well, I just didn't like their signature crocs but that didn't stop me from liking the other designs.. Well, I think my europe trip will be in winter.. bummer...

Taufulou: Yeah!! Are you?!!

Huai Bin: Oh well, it takes time to like a pair of crocs.. not everyone can accept the designs.

Carrie: Thanks babe!

Thule: Well, you can get another one without waiting for one to to get worn out la.. I actually have 5 pairs of slippers.. hehe..

Foongpc: well, looking forward to your first pair! there's always a first for everything!

Li Wei said...

i think i really like the white one lar...after trying on yours i went to try again (both black n white)in crocs shop at One U on the same night...im think im crazy...

eiling lim said...

Li wei : Good news... I can get a good discount!

Anonymous said...

With those legs, you can easily carry anything.Don't get me wrong,i'm also a lady.(but not born with porcelain skin though)

eiling lim said...

Anon: There's many products out there to help us ladies look better. Try some good body cream and see if it makes a difference. Don't give up on having nice skin!

Mrs. Lau cute_bellezza007@yahoo.com said...

i like your first two pairs of crocs, especially the white one.

3iLinG © 2008. Template by Dicas Blogger.

TOPO