Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Fried Rice with wine anyone?

I was feeling a little bored one day and I was wondering what should I pair the wine with that I have in my fridge. There was still a quarter of a bottle of rhone wine which is indeed a very good bottle. I searched my fridge and there were bits of this and that and I decide to cook myself a plate of fried rice.



I had some long beans, 2 slices of bacon, some leftover white rice and a tomato. Actually I took some really nice photos with the Sony Alpha only to realise that there were no memory card inside! Bummer!

This wine from Rhone valley is one of the very good wines where the grapes (Syrah) are planted on the South-westerly orientated slopes at the furthest extremity of the Hermitage slopes.



Actually I've always wanted to try Wantan noodles with wine but I was lazy to drive out to find the noodles and so I have to settle with just the fried rice. It was indeed an interesting combination but I think it would be better if I had paired the rice with white wines instead.

A simple, expensive and out of the ordinary meal.


11 comments:

Huai Bin said...

Wow, very nice presentation for fried rice.

I think wantan noodles would be an interesting combo too...

...as well as a lot of other dishes. :)

HAHAHA FYL @ Sony memory card - happened to me before too.

KY said...

and the descriptions from wine experts are all very different, do they just make shit up as they go?

thule a.k.a leo said...

Like I said before... I didn't know that you can cook :P from the picture it looks great though!! Nah.. pretty sure it taste great too!! Now you only have to find someone to cook and share this dish with :)

Sean said...

oooh, i finally learned about the points system recently from wineactually.com ... 90-92 is really good! :D

uLi.佑莉 said...

New combination wor....hehe!

boo_licious said...

Most of the HK sites actually pair chinese food with wines so maybe that'll be a good indication?

Dennis Ong said...

wow... wine fried rice... chinese cooking wine i know la... but this kind of combination 1st time hear... heheheh....

eiling lim said...

Huai Bin: Thanks! I wanna try wantan noodles one day. I'll call you yeah!

KY: i think it's just 3 different tastebuds.

Thule: It tasted ok la... I can cook but a lazy cook...

Sean: Now, don't be too obsessed about the ratings as tastebuds varies and it's up to an individual.

uLi: yep!

Boo: yeah it is. In fact my friends and I are always pairing wines with chinese food.

Dennis: One day we shall try it yeah?

suituapui said...

Nice! Your fried rice looks great... With red wine? They tell mee, red wine with meat... With fried rice, dunno! LOL!!!

eiling lim said...

STP: Yeah I think it goes better with white wine la..

Dennis Ong said...

oh sure! would love too! waiting for your invitation... =)

3iLinG © 2008. Template by Dicas Blogger.

TOPO