Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Konnyaku Jelly with Strawberries & Apricots

I was so greedy that the last time I went shopping with my sis at Village Grocer, I bought two trays of this petite strawberries. For a start, I wasn't even a fan of strawberries but they looked so cute and pretty! This must be the shopaholic syndrome I'm having.

After our steak cookout on Sunday where sis made some nice cocktails using the strawberries (which I shall post later), I still have got a tray left. I didn't want to eat them because it's sour and I hate sour fruits. So, I rummaged through the hundreds (ok not exactly hundreds but it's at least 40's) of drawers of the antique medicine cabinet of ours in the kitchen and I found that I have a packet of Konnyaku Jelly powder left. Konnyaku Jelly with strawberries it is!



The Ingredients -
Konnyaku Jelly Powder, Kiwi Seeds, Apricots & Strawberries



The last time I blogged about my jelly experiment was about the Absolut Mango Agar-Agar where I also did write about the differences between Konnyaku, Jello and Agar-Agar. These 3 types of jellies are different in terms of textures. I still find Konnyaku very appealing as it's springy.



Rinse the Strawberries & Soak the Kiwi Seeds


The ingredients are simple and if you buy the Happy Grass brand, the Konnyaku powder comes with sugar premixed and also the malic acid to add the little oomph factor to the jelly taste. I like this brand because it dissolves well and it's convenient! Then, I also like to add a little Kiwi seeds (which is called "selasih" in BM) for the seedy texture in the jelly and then add some colours to the jelly by using strawberries and canned apricots.




After the Konnyaku jelly mixture comes to a boil, let it rest for a while. At the same time, I began to fill the jelly moulds with a dash of kiwi seeds and fruits. Then pour the mixture into the mould and let it set! It's so easy that you can complete the whole process in less than 30 minutes!


I used the plastic Mooncake moulds to make this.


Where is the love?


I think making jelly is so easy and it's the best thing I would do if I have to bring something for a potluck. Hahah... the easy way out and it seldom fail.

Have fun!!!


30 comments:

Simon Seow said...

Wah, so nice. I want to eat.

Anonymous said...

Not crazy about jelly... Oops! Hahahahaha!

suituapui said...

Oops! That was me! Forgot to type name...and I wasn't even drinking. LOL!!! *Blush...blush!!!

Sean said...

wah, the loveberries jelly looks really pretty. would definitely a hit at any potluck. :D i tend to stay away from sour fruits too, though i can't resist strawberries with cream

eiling lim said...

Simon: HAha... you can lick the screen..

STP: I thought you were intoxicated by the jellies!

Sean: strawberries with cream? seriously I have not tried that before.

Wei Mei said...

thank you so much...

Goingkookies said...

Ooh...looks scrummilious. Makes me crave for some

eiling lim said...

Wei mei: You're most welcome!

Goingkookies: Why don't you try and make some too?

uLi.佑莉 said...

Very nice looking oh the jelly....satu please!

NekoHime said...

That's actually very pretty! Especially the heart shape ones

eiling lim said...

Uli: hehe i wished i could give some to you!

Nekohime: Thanks for the compliments!

June said...

the jellies are too pretty to eat lah . like deco like that.

M-Knight said...

nice looking strawberry jelly..

Huai Bin said...

Eiling cooks!

Hey, it looks good, especially like the presentation where the dragon fruit seeds can be seen. :)

Cruel Angel said...

how much

eiling lim said...

M Knight: Thanks!

Huai Bin: I can cook... as an amateur.. Those are kiwi seeds my dear.

Cruel Angel: Hmm? I haven't sold any before.

chris_lim said...

Looks very refreshing. I think this can sell well haha.

Breadpitt said...

wow...those gems seems refreshing...especially on hot weather ...

TheGunner said...

Hmm... I might be related to the founder of the brand....

eiling lim said...

Chris: yeah thanks!! You be my agent?!!

Breadpitt: Yup.. cool and nice on a hot day!

Kon: Serious boh? Can get discount? haha

TheGunner said...

Difficult la... but I know that early in the last century (or was it late 19th century?), a branch of my family went to Japan.

The descendants of these migrants have assumed very prominent roles in their society - the most notable of them being Nikon and Konica. I'm guessing the character Kon from bleach was probably named in their honour?

eiling lim said...

Kon: crap la you! Who knows you might just own Nikon since it rhymes with yours?!!

TheGunner said...

Actually owning Nikon would be great, though for now I shall have to settle for owning a Nikon. =P

Anonymous said...

Primary school students can make jelly too. You are only good at minor task in kitchen.

eiling lim said...

The Gunner: Hahah... good for you!

Anon: Excuse me? Did I ever say I was the best chef? Anyways, if I could really cook well, I would have be a chef. Duh.

Melanie said...

nice looking jellies! :P

eiling lim said...

melanie: Thanks babe!

Diary of Kay El said...

I think it's basil seeds :)

Simonne said...

Your colorful fruits is very appealing. I quickly grab a box of strawberries after seeing your post, but no mango (sob sob) maybe get a jackfruit ( for the nice colour)

Simonne said...

Your colorful fruits is very appealing. I quickly grab a box of strawberries after seeing your post, but no mango (sob sob) maybe get a jackfruit ( for the nice colour)

3iLinG © 2008. Template by Dicas Blogger.

TOPO