Thursday, April 22, 2010

Yo! Sisters...

China has its famous Soong sisters, whom were three Hainanese women, along with their husbands were influential political figures in the early 20th century. Oh well, Ipoh has the famous Lim sisters too! Not only we are Hainanese purebreed, we are also the Chinese musical instruments performer under the Lim Sistas tag since the late 20th century as well. Don't play play...

What a grand introduction, to such minions like us but anyways, I just wanna talk about our previous outing to Pavilion. After getting a bonus, I was feeling a little generous and thus told the other two Lim sisters that they can eat anything for tea time and I'll give them a treat. And so they chose Yo! Sushi.

I've always wanted to have a taste of this yuppie and hippie sushi joint as the colours are very vibrant and modern. What was available on the Kaiten belt was a little disappointing as there were not much variety. The menu is a disappointment too with little to choose from. I guess this is a place for a fast and easy meal.

The food are all served on colour-coded-rimmed-plates...


We ordered some sushi, salmon sashimi, agedashi tofu, a ramen, cawan mushi and a mochi dessert. I must say that the quality of food here is not what I would expect. I think I can conclude that I still prefer Sakae Sushi or Sushi Zanmai if you were to compare on the same grounds.

The Lim sisters left with disappointment and then adjourned to more shopping.

21 comments:

Sean said...

hey, i'm hainanese too! well, at least on my mom's side :D

Anonymous said...

The Soong sisters were Shanghainese

KY said...

the mochi looks nais!

"Joe" who is constantly craving said...

yeah the quality has dropped by miles since they opened..it used to b really good when it first open

thule a.k.a leo said...

they say that Hainanese is very moody and the mood changes in instance.. is that true? :P

TY said...

Rare to know that family name Lim is Hainanese, I am a pure breed too…bumping into another Hainanese on the street is even rarer.

It must be the Hainanese descends in you that make you into indulging good foods and drinks.

Hmmm…never heard of Shanghainese descends before....

Anonymous said...

in the end, the Soong sisters got divided by idealogy and the choices they made.

Not a good comparison unless that is the direction you are heading.

A Arthur said...

The famous Soong sisters of China - one loved the country, one loved power and one loved money.

Eer which is which now?

Spoken to your dad and he is very proud of you 3 sisters of Ipoh. Can play the Ku-chern well too and come on stage - well done - well done.

Arthur

Anonymous said...

Is there a photo of the mummy? The mummy must be very pretty.

~Thinke®~ said...

well... that one is gonna be off my list then... =p

I've recently tried ToMOE in ss15.. i like it. Very fresh.. =)

Anonymous said...

You have better luck with free food, and you are more critical on paid food.

chris_lim said...

omg... mouth watering sushis. I love jap food :)
dropping by, nice blog u hv here.

eiling lim said...

Sean: Really! Oh Sukinang!

Anon: Oh really? Why not you check this out http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soong_sisters

KY: Yes!!

Joe: Oh I didn't try it when they first opened but that day I was disappointed.

Thule: Yes! It's definitely true. I can change my mood 360 degrees in a second.

TY: Hey, nice to know another Hainanese... there not many Hainanese that I know of! Yeah, Lim is very rare. Usually Lims are Hokkien! Cheers!

Anon: Oh well, we'll never know the path that each of us will be taking...

Uncle Lau: Hahha.... funny... I love all three! Money comes with power and with power, you can change your country!

Anon: Mummy is pretty and dad is very handsome one!! Lol..

Thinker: Oooh, I haven't tried Tomoe. Hmm... must try soon.

Anon: The free food review is only less than 10% of all the food reviews I did. It depends on my mood. If I have time, I'm more critical on the writing, if I am busy, it'll just be a short post. I'm a moody writer.

Chris lim: Thanks for dropping by! Another lim, are you a Hainanese?! haha...

CUMI & CIKI said...

you guys look ALIKE it tell ya! pretty smiles.. extremely photogenic :)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for telling us about the roots of Song.
http://www.kuido.org/cgi-bin/case.pl?article=7

surewin1woh said...

U r d prettiest among the 3...

suituapui said...

I would agree with the previous comment...100%. LOL!!!

eiling lim said...

Anon: U're welcome.

Surewinwoh: Thanks! (Blushes) all three also pretty la!

STP: Thanks arthur!

~Thinke®~ said...

yes.. u should go try it.. =) There's a couple more jap restaurants there.. will try it someday~ =)

eiling lim said...

Thinker: Ok I will!

Anonymous said...

[url=crush-the-castle.com]Crush The Castle[/url]

3iLinG © 2008. Template by Dicas Blogger.

TOPO