Thursday, February 18, 2010

No wolves please...

Sometimes I think I'm really silly for being easily scared by scary or horror movies. There's just a part of me that is always afraid of the unknown and horror movies is one of them. I could still remember, when I was young, parents were out working and I'll be at home watching television most of the time. There was this TV series that I watched which made quite a big impact that some of the scenes in that show was etched into my mind.

As I was growing up, I was scared to go into toilets or turning on the taps for sometime because this TV series that I watched actually has blood running instead of water when the tap is turned on. Actually come to think of it, it was kind of silly to be afraid of all these. But then again, I was young then and I didn't quite understand that these movies are kind of fictional. The TV series that I was talking about was Stephen King's It in 1990 when I was still in Kindergarten. Lucky I didn't find clowns to be scary or else I would be crying at every party!

So, yesterday I went and watch Wolfman without reading the reviews. Heck, I didn't know it was quite a scary and brutal movie. If I would have known, I wouldn't even want to step into the cinema! Well, I think to many people, this movie should be considered as something quite mild despite some brutal scenes where humans are torn apart. I was quite scared with the sharp long claws that teared the human torso.

Just for the record, I didn't even watch the infamous "Ring" a Japanese horror movie but I did once watch "The Exorcist" which I consider to be the eiling's lifetime-greatest-horror-movie-watching-achievement. I just don't understand why people like horror movies? Why do you guys like to be scared or to the extent jumping off the seat?

I'll never go on a date if horror-movies-watching is involved because

(1) I don't want to waste the movie ticket by closing my eyes half the show
(2) I will pull your sleeves so I could cover my eyes
(3) I don't want you to hug me and take advantage of me (LOL....)

What's with guys liking to invite a girl to watch horror movies?!!

After the Wolfman yesterday, I am so not going to another horror flick again!!!


20 comments:

suituapui said...

Gee! Now I know. Must date you to a really scary horror movie the next time I hop over to KL! Hahahahaha!!!

TheGunner said...

You answered your question with point (3)

Sean said...

heh, i watched valentine's day instead over the CNY break. probably a more enjoyable choice compared to wolfman =)

Huai Bin said...

It the book by Stephen King was much scarier...explored a lot of themes that had to be cut short for the TV series.

I love horror movies, it's quite appealing for me! :)

Ray111 said...

Gong XI Fa Cai to you and your family....
Surprise to know that you are scared of horror show..you dont look like one who!

eiling lim said...

STP: Lol... now I'll know why you want to watch a scary movie!!!

The Gunner: Ooh... so I was correct!

Sean: I watch Valentine's Day already so it's left with Wolfman. I guess I have no choice.

Huai Bin: oh you read the book?!! I don't think I will read it. It might bring back horror memories!

Ray111: Hey Happy CNY to you too. Don't judge a book by its cover. I might look tough but am not!

zewt said...

it's not thatttt horror, is it?

but you're right... guys probably aiming at your point 3 hahaha!

how about thriller like The Red Dragon?

I am not afraid of horror but i am disturbed by overly real thriller.

TheGunner said...

for me, i don't enjoy horror movies all that much, so need to find some form of good also mar...

though to be honest, Shutter was brilliant. only watched Eng version, but the plot twist was good!

Stephen King's IT was a classic.

kampungboycitygal said...

i can remember IT! it scared the hell out of me and from there i've developed fear towards clowns T_____T

eiling lim said...

Zewt: Haha... actually I think it wasn't that scary for the horror movie fans but for me ya.. I have not watched The Red Dragon. Perhaps another title for me to avoid?!!

The Gunner: Oh thank god I didn't watch Shutter. Can't bear to open my eyes!

Kampungboycitygal: I guess we could all remember IT as there were no DVDs then so we had to watch the TV!!! hehe

TheGunner said...

hahaha... you should la... it teaches us a few lessons of life - chiefly, do no harm unto others.

actually, come think of it, if i hug you during a horror movie, i'm not taking advantage, i'm merely offering comfort. *ponders...*

Ahhup said...

Wow, all the movie you mentioned are like cartoon if u had watched movies like texas chainsaw massacre, wrong turn, hostel or house of wax, some more u watch it in Malaysia. God knows how much I hate the film censorship board of Malaysia, each and every movie after them r so tuntuman umum.

Ahhup said...

and there is saw, from part I to IV, final destination, I to III, trust me, no matter how they rate the movie in Malaysia, still consider tuntuman umum, if u compare to the uncensored version, if u never heard of the movie I listed, easy, it's banned in our country

CUMI & CIKI said...

so farnee! Horror totally rocks. It's my lifeline. I bleed for horror, as they bleed in horror.. mwuahahaha!

eiling lim said...

The Gunner: I'm sure you areee!! Any real life experience yet?!!

Ahhup: I haven't seen any of those that you mentioned except Final Destination 1. I don't think I wanna watch any given a choice. By the way, it's called Tontonan Umum.

Cumi & Ciki: OMG, you rocked babe! *Salute*

TheGunner said...

no la, dun have. cakap saja =P

ahhup said...

OMG, I had returned my bahasa malaysia to my motherland... thanks for the correction.

you can watch a movie name scary movie I to IV, a comedy mainly making fun of mostly horror movie. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scary_Movie

btw, I must agree with thegunner that IT by stephen king is really a classic, it doesn't use graphic violence like all the horror movie nowadays, still scare the shit out of you...

ahhup said...

I still remember the first time I watch texas chainsaw massacre with my colleague, in company, night shift, 17 inches CRT monitor with sound from CPU, nobody have the appetite for supper after the movie, for me, I don't think I have the mood for sex either... whisky? may be, to calm myself down.

and then for wrong turn and house of wax, I was in the cinema, praying like mad for the show to end asap... those were the days... haha...

hostel? my bro had the DVD imported all the way from US, director's uncut, but neither of us have the guts to finish the movie from begining till end...

eiling lim said...

The Gunner: Ehhlehh...

Ahhup: Oh well, I did watch the scary movie comedy. It was a funny (waste of time) movie though and wasn't even scary. Anyways, I guess I'll never be the one putting in that horror DVD into its player. I am such a timid person when it comes to this. Well, at least you're proud to say you have watch some of the uncensored horror movies!

foongpc said...

Honestly, I find most guys don't like horror movies and girls are the ones who like horror movies!

I think most guys are scared of horror movies but they just won;t admit it, haha!

So every time I go out to watch horror movies, it's with the girls! : )

3iLinG © 2008. Template by Dicas Blogger.

TOPO