Monday, January 11, 2010

Haikara Style Cafe & Bakery @ Subang Jaya

A hidden Japanese gem....

This humble cafe is actually quite hidden from the main road. It's actually one block of apartment away from Carrefour Subang Jaya in SS16. One day, my friend brought me there and I instantly fell in love with this humble eatery. It's small and cosy, which gives me the feeling of eating in one of those small restaurants while I was in Australia. Oh, and the owner is very pretty too! *wink*


Sweet Desserts
Charcoal Strawberry Cake Roll & Maccha Cake Roll (RM6.20). Banana Cake Roll (RM5.00)


The reason why I highlighted the desserts first is because I have my dessert before my mains everytime I'm there. I love the Charcoal Strawberry Cake Roll a lot! It has a very nice texture besides the wonderful colours. This is truly recommended. Afterall, Haikara makes very good bread too! Their bread are made using the best ingredients without any preservatives and additives. Check out their website and you'll get the whole story.


Haikara Steak Set (RM27)
Comes with bread, soup and coffee.


Seafood Aglio Olio Pasta Set (RM25)
Comes with Bread, Soup & Coffee


Clockwise from Top Left:
Paprika Tomato Rice (RM18), MisoKatsu Plate which is deep fried chicken katsu with miso sauce (RM20), Chicken Tar Tar Rice (RM20.00) and Spaghetti with Beef Stew Set (RM27.00)


The dishes were commendable as they are very simple and tasty. However, I find the steak a lil tough so I don't really recommend that. There's nothing pretentious in this restaurant. So, don't expect to see any Japanese dishes that you used to eat at conventional Japanese restaurants that serve sashimi and sushi. Even the soup here tastes different. I quite like the minimalist concept as the prices are quite reasonable and people can afford to come here more often.


Maccha Ole (RM8)
A must-try green tea with milk! I thought it would be "eeeww" but it was "wow!"




Wei Mei being careful not to waste even a drop!


They have 3 variety of coffee. The Charcoal Roast (full body with smoky taste) at RM7/cup and the next cup at RM3/cup which is a good deal. Another coffee for organic consumers is the Organic blend coffee (light roasted organic Colombian beans) at RM8/cup and lastly the Blue Mountain Coffee (produced from a famous estate in Jamaica, it is recognized as one of the Best Coffee in the world!) at RM17/cup. I have yet to try the "Best Coffee in the World" since I am no coffee connoisseur.

The secret actually lies in the milk they use. Unlike other places that offers creamers or fresh milk, this place gives you a tiny pot of concentrated creamy milk (as shown in pic above) which is enough to flavour the whole cup of coffee! I absolutely love the milk.



Haikara Style Cafe & Bakery
E-Tiara GF SS16/1
03-5630 0743
www.haikara-style.info


Tuesday-Thursday: 11:00am - 11:00pm
(10:30pm Last order)

Friday and Saturday: 10:00am - 11:00pm
(10:30pm Last order)

Sunday: 10:00am - 6:30pm
(6:00pm Last order)

18 comments:

Bangsar-bAbE said...

I.Want.Cake! And charcoal roast coffee...very interesting. ;)

KY said...

for once this looks like something actually affordable!

Sean said...

ooh i've been wanting to visit this place but ages, but it used to close at about 7pm, so we never made it! looks like they've finally extended their opening hours! i wanna try their mentaiko spaghetti. everything looks healthier than usual fare :D

taufulou said...

charcoal roast ah...something new! hrmm.. wonder is it taste like charcoal boh?

~Thinke®~ said...

oh my!!! definitely must go try some day.. damn~ this is soooo tempting!! lol

Michael Whyte said...

Thank you very much for singing the praises of my beloved coffee. I am a Blue Mountain Coffee farmer. My family have been for three generations. There is a whole lot of love in every single bean that we produce. I have always known that we produce some of the best coffee in th world, but it wasn’t until I became computer literate and started going online that I realized just how cherished and appreciated our coffee really is. Thanks again

Huai Bin said...

Interesting! A bakery that also serves main meals. Looks promising, will go to Subang Jaya once I get my GPS. :p

CUMI & CIKI said...

oh, i recognize her face.. LOL.. we love this plc - tapau the cylindrical bread .. it's delicious!

eiling lim said...

Bangsar-Babe: Yeah and very tasty too!

KY: Haha... teasing me ya!

Sean: Then it's time you make a first visit! The bread is good.

Taufulou: Doesn't taste like charcoal. It's creative and tasty.

Thinker: Yeah go and try. it's good!

Michael Whyte: No prob.Keep up the good job!

Huai Bin: no need GPS la. This is very easy to find. Call me la! Hehe

Cumi & Ciki: Oh really? yeah their bread is good!

Wei Mei said...

oh.. post saya punya pic.. heheh nampak lawa.. hahaha thank you thank you.. must try the big big IKA... hahah yummy...

foongpc said...

Thanks for sharing this, I want to go there! : )

eiling lim said...

Wei Mei: You cantik mah!!!

Foongpc: yeah give it a try. I think you'll like it.

Anonymous said...

[b][url=http://pz5.ru/index.php]lady russia Anna[/url][/b]
At Present ,many [b]women[/b] from [url=http://pz5.ru/index.php] Russia [/url] are looking for [url=http://pz5.ru/index.php] love[/url] .Anna is are blond girl looking to have a good time.Check out Anna [b]profile[/b] for [url=http://pz5.ru/index.php]pictures[/url] and more....
[url=http://pz5.ru/index.php]красивые волосы[/url]
[url=http://pz5.ru/index.php] [b]favorite[/b] [/url]

Anonymous said...

burberry sale hfuuveks burberry outlet qcfjlvkw burberry bags spaiknra burberry handbags qppmjqub

Anonymous said...

beats by dre lurevbtf casque beats by dre pas cher hsbmhlfq casque beats by dre ojwkaivo casque docteur dre dawauxrk casque monster beats pas cher tfncdkqn casque monster beats zkfecsbn ecouteur beats dzmibgjx monster beats pas cher irepmfce monster beats rywqxblv

Anonymous said...

christian louboutin outlet zarczhdv discount christian louboutin nwphzqkk christian louboutin shoes nbycwsab christian louboutin heels vdketmin christian louboutin pumps saermcxg christian louboutin boots srtrssuf christian louboutin wedding cqdyyqas

Anonymous said...

Hello colleagues, its wonderful article regarding educationand entirely defined, keep it up all the time.


My website review of quantrim

Anonymous said...

This is my first time pay a visit at here and i am genuinely impressed
to read all at single place.

my blog post: http://bookmarks.elsecretodelaleydelaatraccion.com/story.php?title=cooking-varieties-food-and-health-benefits-basic-pancake-recipe-world-pancake-recipes-

3iLinG © 2008. Template by Dicas Blogger.

TOPO