Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Travel Memories

As I am now all hyped up about my next month's visit to Australia, I can't help but reminisce the good 'ol days when I was touring Europe. The Money God has not been very kind to me lately and thus I can only afford a Australian trip with the airline that goes "Now Everyone Can Be Late Fly!"

A recollection of the best places I've been so far in Europe....
  • London, UK
  • Paris, France
  • Bilbao, Spain
  • Valencia, Spain
  • Madrid, Spain
  • Koln, Germany
  • Vienna, Austria
  • Milan, Italy
  • Bratislava, Slovakia
  • Prague, Czech Republic
Of course there are also other places outside Europe that I've been to like Hong Kong, Krabi, Bali, Shanghai, Shenzhen, SuZhou, Zhouzhuang, Bangkok, Dubai & Abu Dhabi. Did I just left out Singapore? Yeah, and that as well...

The one that made an impression was Prague, which I visited 2 years ago. It has to be the obligatory place that one has to visit in this lifetime. The scenery at the beautiful Charles bridge is just so picturesque and it changes with seasons. And the Old Town bridge tower is often considered to be one of the most astonishing civil gothic-style buildings in the world. The bridge is decorated by a continuous alley of 30 statues, most of them baroque-style, erected around 1700. I regretted not blogging about that place the moment I got home.




Here's a video to share. Please don't laugh at my "ah-lian" hairstyle! Lol...

I was really proud that I managed to show the other side of the world to my half-a-century-year-old ex colleague of mine who have not been to any European countries. So armed with a map in hand, I took her from Koln to Milan, then Vienna, Bratislava and Prague and back to Frankfurt - all in less than 10 days! It was just the two of us and sometimes we got lost in the city too! Am not a good map reader!


18 comments:

zewt said...

i just finished laughing my ass off while watching PCK doing a parody on Ris Low. So when i watched your video and all of a sudden you go...

"hiii, this is the err... charles bridge in prague"... i suddenly burst out laughing...

ok ok ok ok... dont kill me.

eiling lim said...

Zewt: I have to know you to keeeel you!

KY said...

hahaha the hair is indeed tragic. LOL

but skinnier then :P

kampungboycitygal said...

prague is my dream destination. did u go to Karoly Vary, a spa town next to prague? ahhhhh i need $$$$$$$$$$

zewt said...

if i do know you (as in person), comments would have been more crude.. lol!

My Reality and Fantasy Journey said...

wow, nice place indeed,i never been to europe ,

Anonymous said...

You took a camera man/woman with you. Is the job still open? I want to apply for this job.

The view of the bridge from the castle is as impressive. I went up the tower of the church and the view was spectacular.

Huai Bin said...

Haha! Nice hair. ;)

You have been to a lot of places. Awesome! =D

Admirer said...

Prague is a place that feed your soul and stirs your spirit up and the scenery is breathtaking.

What a beauty!!! The brunette lady looks as beautiful like the city and her legs resembling of a Hungarian horse.

eiling lim said...

KY: So terrible ar u.....

Kampungboycitygal: No I didn't! Maybe for next visit! ahhaha...

Zewt: Thank you for making my day. You know I don't really mind terrible comments.

MRAFJ: You should go at least once in a lifetime.

Anon: It's my ex colleague. I don't hire cameraman/woman... no $$$$.

Huai Bin: Sarcasm? You also have been to many places!

Admirer: Yes, it's indeed a very beautiful place. Not yet commercialized and still peaceful. Wow, you are so alert. R u talking bout the lady in jeans walking at the end of the vid?

Admirer said...

You have long and beautiful legs and thanks for the emails. Haha!! :-QQ :-))

chris said...

prague is so beautiful!

eiling lim said...

Admirer: U're welcome & thanks.

Chris: It is absolutely gorgeous!

zewt said...

haha! good to know that...

anyway, me and my friends are of the opinion that there are no bad-looking girls there.

even the woman collecting money at the toilet was pretty.

Anonymous said...

A beautiful place indeed... walked all the way down from the castle at the top of the hill to the town below, beautiful sights, huge old castle, cobblestones, little shops selling crystals? and cafes along the way, sound of violin emanating from nearby music school, riverside walks.

JC

eiling lim said...

Zewt: Ok

JC: I like your description and it makes me wanna go there again!

foongpc said...

It's good to go traveling. I love my travels with some adventures thrown in! : )

OMG! Your hairstyle....!! : )

eiling lim said...

Foongpc: Ok tragic hairstyle!

3iLinG © 2008. Template by Dicas Blogger.

TOPO