Sunday, October 11, 2009

OKTOBERFEST


The Oktoberfest, is a beer festival which originated from Munich in Germany. Many cities around the world has also adopted their own version of Oktoberfest and in my own definition - it's all about drinking and be merry! I was invited by a friend to this event held at the Mercedes-Benz warehouse at Hicom-Glenmarie where they will be a hearty German buffet prepared by Euro Deli and lots of beer!



We were treated to a hearty German fare with dishes such as Würst (German sausages), the Weisswurst (white sausage), Hendl (roasted chicken), Schweinsbraten (roast pork), Haxn (pork knuckle), Kaasspotzn/Spatzle (button-like egg noodles), lamb stew and also the Brezn (german pretzel). It was really good to pig out on those big fat juicy wursts! I had my fair share of Paulaner too that night.

They have a very interesting German band, playing numerous German numbers and working up the crowd. The set up was one in the Mercedes auto parts warehouse where long tables are arranged in rows to create a canteen-like effect. The white and blue checks on the table cloth matches the Paulaner buntings.




After that, there was a beer drinking competition for ladies and I was forced to join in the fun. We have to finish the glass of beer as fast as we could and then topple the glass on our head after we have finished it. Before the competition, I already drank two bottles of beer and yes I didn't win because I was really taking my own sweet time drinking the 1 litre beer! For a moment there, I thought I was going to puke with all that beer in my stomach.

It was really a fun night filled with beer. Never have I drank so much beer before as I am not really a beer person. I had to visit the toilet numerous times after drinking and lucky I didn't vomit or puke that night. Hmm... I must have been really good in holding my drinks!

15 comments:

suituapui said...

No beer for me...gout! But I love German food - the giant sausages, the pork trotters... YUM! YUM!!!

KY said...

1 liter of beer will take me an hour. lol

Admirer said...

Huge German sausage and you can knob it?!! 2 bottles plus 1 litre of beer, you must be a real Alki and Wino!!! Haha :-))

Anonymous said...

Mercedes' headquarter is in Munich, I guess. So they all have this fun

Deep said...

Waaa. Jealous

p.calais said...

mmmmmmm....beeeerrrrrr......

Anonymous said...

Pork, pork, pork! more pork for me please!

Jem said...

yeah, i always remembered u were never really a beer person.

guess once in a while is fine.

boo_licious said...

I'm not much of a beer person either - too much gas in my tummy makes the alcohol go haywire. Weird, it doesn't happen so much for champagne (maybe bubbles smaller?).

Looks like a riot of a party though esp with those juicy wursts!

eiling lim said...

STP: Yeah the sausages were yummy!

KY: I'm sure you can still finish it!

Admirer: I am! Haha.. and a glutton too!

Anon: Yeap. It's a Hap Seng invitation.

Deep: I'm also jealous of you!

Param: Yeah... yum yum...

Anon: Nah...lick the screen la...

Jeremy: Yup it's only once in a blue moon that I gulped my beer.

Boo_licious: I can only take half of each wurst! If not, I'll be half dead to drive home.

FooDcrazEE said...

hmm . . .those sausages r to die for. . . .wish u had a cigar too , right?

foodcrazee aka michael

FooDcrazEE said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Pete said...

Wow, German sausage and pork knuckle...nice!

eiling lim said...

Foodcrazee: haha. not really cos the beer doesn't go to well with cigars.

Pete: it's almost sinful!

Anonymous said...

Hello it's me, I am also visiting this web page regularly, this web page is truly good and the visitors are actually sharing fastidious thoughts.

Also visit my blog post - click here

3iLinG © 2008. Template by Dicas Blogger.

TOPO