Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Shopaholic Part I

Yes, I am a self-professed shopaholic. There's a little Rebecca Bloomwood in me everytime I hit the stores. When I buy, I feel happy and it's like the best stress-reliever I had. And that's why I enjoy reading the Shopaholic series so much and I managed to catch the movie recently (although it has been quite an old movie). When I read that book or watch the movie, I can't help but feel the resemblance of the character and me, in very minute ways of course!

The part where the mannequins started talking and waving scene best describes how I felt. Everytime I stroll past that window display, it's as though the shoes, bags and clothes are calling me! And this ended up me buying some of the things that I don't really need (that much) and I bought them all simply because it was irresistible. 2 weeks ago, my sister got me a VIP card to attend the private sales of Davidoff, YSL, Guerlain, RMK, Zirh and so on.... since she's now working for that company. It's a sale by invitation only and the company wants to get rid of the old packaging to make way for the new.

Thus, my overzealous-almost-unstoppable-shopping got me these:

Men stuff that I wouldn't need!


Ladies stuff that I overbought!

I was thinking that since it's so cheap, it's a good deal that I grab all the remaining sets. Then, I regretted and now I am putting up all these for sale at Lings&Blings. This is just the skincare range. Wait till you see the cosmetics and fragrances! Some of them are sold at 60% discount! Lol... If I can't sell them, I shall give them away as birthday & christmas pressies!

The only difference between me and Rebecca Bloomwood is that I don't split the bill into a few cards nor do I ask for cash back at a Hot Dog stall or even freeze my credit cards! I don't pay installments for anything and I certainly pay my credit card bills promptly!


12 comments:

Myhorng said...

oooo.. u r richer than Rebecca Bloomwood.

Anonymous said...

Hmmmm, your bf can’t satisfy you.

My Reality and Fantasy Journey said...

thats shopaholic of cos :)

zewt said...

or... next time you meet suituapui... u can give him some :P hahahah

suituapui said...

Most females are...shopaholics! Good, you're like me! I always pay my credit card bills promptly...in full! Don't want the banks to steal my money! They charge VERY high interest!

P.S. Give me what, Zewt?

suituapui said...

Oh...the fragrances? Those are for ladies, aren't they? Otherwise, I don't mind at all...as long as people don't mind getting my recycled retirement presents from 2 years ago!
You want one, zewt? Muahahahahaha!

Admirer said...

Huh! You find irresistible to shop till you fall! Always a darling in the sales department store. Typical women!

eiling lim said...

Horng: Haha... no she is richer..

Anon: Who can?

MRAFJ: Yes that's me!

Zewt: Yeah I'll give him the unsold items?!! haha

STP: I don't mind recycled gifts as long as I like them! Remember the pipe?!!

Admirer: I'm a woman and I'm typical.

Science Bloggers Association said...

Nice Blog. Congrats.
-Zakir Ali ‘Rajnish’
{ Secretary-TSALIIM & SBAI }
[Editor- Children’s Poem & Adult’s Poem]

Science Bloggers Association said...

Nice Blog. Congrats.
-Zakir Ali ‘Rajnish’
{ Secretary-TSALIIM & SBAI }
[Editor- Children’s Poem & Adult’s Poem]

suituapui said...

Gosh...you got the comment from the Science Bloggers too. I deleted it... LOL!!!

eiling lim said...

STP: Haha...

3iLinG © 2008. Template by Dicas Blogger.

TOPO