Thursday, September 10, 2009

Shell pissed me off


As you can see, I've written about the Govt's Gift to its people on Merdeka's day which is this choice of Ron 97 & Ron 95 petrol. Now, the problem is, if Shell has published a notice that they are discontinuing Vpower, then how come the Vpower emerged a week later?!!

In the picture above, it's very obvious that the Red nozzle has been changed to Ron 97 and the yellow nozzle is now the Ron 95 so being a regular at Shell, I just swiped my credit card, lift the red nozzle and start filling up. While I was waiting for the tank to be filled, I went to the cashier counter to purchase my prepaid top up.

So can you imagine my reaction when I reached my car and found out that it was jeng, jeng jeng.... Vpower that I was filling and it cost me a f*cking RM100+!! It was RM2.25/litre and it was Vpower! Ta da.... Shell's surprise! I was cursing all the way to work.

Now if you have to pump at shell, lookout for the signage as you might pump the wrong petrol. I wonder now whether can I mix Ron 97 and Vpower and then Ron 95. Can anyone answer me?

9 comments:

KY said...

hahaha u got conned, should complain to that particular station

My Reality and Fantasy Journey said...

actually, you can mixed one, ron97 mix with ron95 will become ron96, if you mix them somemore with vpower, i think it will become ron96 with power maybe, something like that lah, haha, j/k, actually it wont affect anything, just performance drop if using lower type of ron

Cath J said...

OMG.. I don know nothing about this... (>_<)... I might fill in without notice anything at all...

Oh thanks for mentioning... now I;m aware.. ^_^

Anonymous said...

Don’t think Shell should be blamed by the gomen.

Myhorng said...

Vpower,97,95 can mixup no problem.

i better watch out also, i dunwan my company query me y i put Vpower.

foongpc said...

Oh really? So Shell is not offering Ron 97? Actually, V power is what Ron?

-eiling- said...

KY: No la... I should read the signage properly.

MRAFJ: I see. Thanks for the info.

Cath J: Yeah... have to read the signages.

Anon: really?

Horng: Oh.yeah better not...

Foongpc: Ron 97 is offered at Shell but you just have to find out which pump lo... Vpower is a higher Ron 97

zewt said...

i was told by my car dealer that 95 is the best in terms of emission control while 97 is better in terms of power but slightly worse emission. anyone can confirm?

for the sake of the environment, i shall keep to 95. not that i am complaining since it's cheaper anyway :P

-eiling- said...

Zewt: I pumped my first tank of RON95. Looks fine to me so I'm saving my money!

3iLinG © 2008. Template by Dicas Blogger.

TOPO