Thursday, September 10, 2009

And your answer would be?

What do you think this thing is?



There's a few possibilities....
(a) Dildo (b) Corkscrew (c) Kitchen towel holder

You see, Big E gave me this red thingy at a dinner on Tuesday and I asked the other friends at dinner what they think this is. (a) was my first answer and my only answer but the others said (b) and don't you think (c) could also be one of those answers? So, from the answer you can actually see whom is the most creative one! (obviously me no doubt)

And the correct answer is..... jeng, jeng, jeng....


A REAL CORKSCREW to unscrew the cork lah! Oh, how disappointing.


Ok, that's the story about corkscrew. (You know, as I was writing this, I kept on spelling "corkscrew" as "cockscrew" and the misspelled word was highlighted and brought to my attention. For a sudden I didn't know what mistake I made until I checked list of suggested words! Lol....)

The next story is actually about a very interesting gift that you are about to receive and I want to know your view on this because this happened to one of my friends and he wanted me to post this here and see what others would react to this "gift".


What would your reaction be if your boyfriend gave you a HSBC watch?

assuming that
a) it's on your birthday
b) the watch has a HSBC logo on it and on the box
c) he's definitely rich enough to buy a decent gift



My answer: I would give him two tight slaps! Firstly, how could he give me a free watch on my birthday. Secondly, it's not like he cannot afford to buy anything! Thirdly, it goes to see how much he values you by recycling the gift. However, I actually do not mind if it's not on my birthday or if he couldn't afford anything. Actually a gift is a gift from the heart and one should not complain but I just cannot take it if it's from my boyfriend or worse if he's actually in the process of trying to court me.

So, what happened to Mr.X was.... He gave this HSBC watch to a "China girl" and then when she saw the watch, she cried and he never heard from her ever again. Now, talk about being real! Welcome to the real world guys! In this real world, never be cheapskate when you have money.... A girl accepting just anything you give is not happening now in the 21st century (or at least I would believed so). Well, actually not all girls would give that kinda answer because we did asked many and most of them said that they will accept anything that their bf buys them. I wonder how true is that statement?!! Hmmm.... I really find it difficult to believe that.

That concludes the story for today. So, what is your answer dear ladies out there? At the same time, I would also like to know what would be the answer from guys if your gf gave you that watch? Time to spill the beans....

22 comments:

Corgi 1960 said...

Hehehehe, life does has its wonders. One irony is to give the wrong gift to the right person.
Aiya, next time be more proactive...take him to the department store and point at the particular Celine bag lor. Get to the point, it is the 21st century and it will save many embarrassing moments u know........

foongpc said...

What? That's not a dildo? LOL!

If my gf give me that HSBC watch, assuming it's my birthday, it has the HSBC logo and she is rich enough to buy a decent gift, then I will graciously accept it and next day sms her to tell her I'm dumping her for good! Haha!

Admirer said...

You are right in the 1st place, a dual purpose (a) Primary (b) Secondary, as a cover and excuse; it is handy tools to carry in your handbag, by the way are you feeling the heat and maybe smell a bit like cheese. I love to give you a good polish that will make you radiant for days if not week. I can visualize the colour of your cheeks; like harvest time in a sunny cornfield and I am looking for the word Golden, no less! Ha-ha ; )) : D

Jasmyne said...

Frankly speaking, if he gave me a FREE HSBC watch as my birthday present, i don't think i will talk to him for some time!! I really don't mind IF he did not buy me anything, but at least we should go for a meal, just a simple meal i also don't mind..

Huai Bin said...

HSBC watch for a CHINA girl? Last I checked, it is an acronym for Hong Kong and Shanghai Banking Corporation so Chinese mainland folks would be rather familiar with it. ;)

I agree though, it's not the gift that matters, but whether it's from the heart. A painstakingly handmade card with photos of me and the person inside was one of my more memorable gifts. :)

-eiling- said...

Corgi: Haha... but what if it's a surprise gift? Then you wouldn't know what he'll be giving you. Anyways, I hope I won't be receiving any HSBC watches. Lol...

Foongpc: Haha... looks like it's the same for guys too!

Admirer: At least someone thinks like me! No, I'm not feeling the heat nor am I taking part in the feat. Maybe when one day we meet, you would sweep me off my feet!

Jasmyne: Haha... true honest words!

-eiling- said...

Huai Bin: That's true. I would prefer a handmade card anytime!

Vivien said...

i will straightaway "black face" if i receive free watch for my birthday.

ax said...

Please expose the guy's name as he is giving us a bad reputation.
Is it the metal pocket watch HSBC is giving out for any credit card application?
p.s. I threw mine the moment it arrived.

Myhorng said...

the real answer is multipurpose corkscrew cum dildo.

if i'm a gal, my bf gave me a watch with HSBC logo on it, i'll be happy if he own HSBC. LOL

Li Wei said...

if a guy can give me any free memorabilia from other companies as a bday gift...he ought to be shot and worth dumping (both the gift n him!)...its not about the price of the item, but this shows he does not even bother to think or to drive out to get my gift....as you say....a handmade card is 10 times better....my 2 cents

KY said...

hahah it's quite cute!

suituapui said...

I would have guessed that was a kitchen towel holder from IKEA... LOL!!!...

suituapui said...

No comment on the HSBC watch because I always recycle my gifts...but nothing with the company name for somebody's birthday, that's for sure! Hope you like the pipe... Hahahahaha!

-eiling- said...

Vivien: Haha... me also will show black face.

Ax: Nah not the metal watch. I think it's the wrist watch.

Horng: I'll also be happy if he owns HSBC and then give me the HSBC watch with the account book as well!

Li Wei: Exactly!

KY: What is cute? the corkscrew cum dildo?

STP: Haha... you are so innocent meh? Lucky the pipe doesn't have a HSBC logo ya?!! haha... thanks I like it.

Anonymous said...

looking at the way you hold it, we know it is not heavy and is not a cock

-eiling- said...

Anon: So clever...

Admirer said...

Thanks for the compliment, I like that and you are so wonderful!

-eiling- said...

Admirer: Haha.. thanks.

zewt said...

i just cannot put myself into the shoe where my wife give me a free watch... cannot lah... haha

Melanie said...

If my bf give me the HSBC watch I won't dump him straight away but instead I'll wait until his birthday, and give him back the HSBC watch! Hahahaha!

-eiling- said...

Zewt: Haha... even a guy couldn't accept it. Now what more the girl?!

Melanie: Haha... good one!

3iLinG © 2008. Template by Dicas Blogger.

TOPO