Saturday, August 01, 2009

Stylish Pleasures

My friend sent me a mail to share the following event held by Artisan Cellars from Singapore:


Savour some of the most famous and luxurious wines from Champagne, Burgundy, Bordeaux and Mosel valley in KL this month. These wines have come from great tradition and evolved progressively through modern times to become living classics.

Illustrious names such as Giraud, Lafon, Bouzereau, Lynch, Bages, Leroy, Bachelet and Schaefer will bring an incomparable sparkle to the evening, blending artisanality and effortless luxury, and drunk the way it was destined to be: with inspiring cuisine.

The Menu

Date: 13th August 2009, 7pm

Venue: Lafite, Shangri-La Hotel KL

RSVP
Required by
Tel: +65 6838 0373, or email:
events@artisan-cellars.com

Here comes the best part of course. After you have marveled at the dishes and wines selection and thinking that you wanted to pick up that phone and call, the price that you will have to pay for this dinner is jeng, jeng, jeng - RM888/pax. Good deal, no? I almost fainted just looking at the price. It's an auspicious number no doubt but I think I will do something else with that kinda money.

7 comments:

Cath J said...

888???? *gulp*.... ok I'm IN.... ;-p

(For heaven sake...I'm joking.. lol..)

Anonymous said...

You will be surprised numbers of people attend this type of event. If the organizer is strong, the event can be over booked with this price.

KY said...

RM 888 per table is what I would do instead. :P

-eiling- said...

Cath J: Haha...

Anon: Yup. There are many whom can afford this.

KY: Haha... me too! Lol..

FooDcrazEE said...

eiling - true the price is a lil steep but looking at the menu and wine selcetion . . . .its really worth it. . . .for the experience and especially if you can savour the wine with a good cigar

auntielucia said...

at the equivalent of S$360 a meal, methinks it's a once in a decade kind of luxury. But then I don't eat beef and think that the $300 mark is the absolute limit, for a meal and only if the price has an embedded amount of a shared treat for others, eating ina group! :(

-eiling- said...

Foodcrazee: But I don't want to part with my money!

Auntielucia: Yeah i think $300 sin is reasonable.

3iLinG © 2008. Template by Dicas Blogger.

TOPO