Sunday, June 14, 2009

Carl's Jr @ 1 Utama

Picture taken from Masak-Masak


I know that it's a bit too late to highlight this burger joint as it has been on Malaysian shores for almost 2 years if you don't consider their exit many years ago under the MBF group. They're famous then for its free refills. Now, don't you think people remember the FREEbies better?!!

I finally have my cherry popped for Carl's Jr (sounds wrong but its true) yesterday at 1 Utama shopping centre. Running out of things to eat, we decided to have a taste of Carl's Jr. Yum... Lucky the queue wasn't too long and it wasn't too crowded which made the ordering a breeze. They will give you a tag with a number which is to be displayed on the edge of the table for them to deliver your orders. I guess they are short-staffed that night.


One tray of indulgence and lots of fat!


They have a wide variety of specialty burgers that you don't get from McDonalds. They may be similar to Burger King but they have better burgers and Burger King has better fries (although I still think that McDonalds fries rocks)! But when I was in London, I felt that Burger King fries is ze best! At Carl's Jr, they have burgers like Portobello Mushroom, Guacamole Bacon, Chilli Burger, Swiss Bacon and low carb burgers too! It comes with generous amount of cheese and also fresh lettuce (not like the limpy ones from golden arch). As for fries, I ordered the Chilli Beef Fries which looked so appetising. The beef fries actually tasted like coney dog.


Bacon Swiss Chicken Burger

Chilli Beef Fries


The combo which includes a drink and french fries starts from RM15 - RM20++. The prices are not cheap and they probably will get you another few more burgers from McDonalds but the taste is really different. It's a totally different experience altogether. To rejoice, they have a free refill of soft drinks (they have Sarsi!), Channel Island Roasting Company tea and coffee and also a salsa bar! It's where you can keep drinking and drinking and topping pickles and tomatoes into your burgers!


See, how big the burger is?!!


It's really filling and it makes up for the premium pricing at Carl's Jr. It's an expensive fast food joint but at least you get quality western burgers here. I'll definitely come back and probably I should also try Wendy's soon. Cheers.

Read more at Masak-masak.


34 comments:

Cath J said...

I see the burger...but the beautifully manicured nail is more into my attention ;-p

Kimmy said...

Wendy's fries are top notch, it's a must try! As for Carl's well I would say they are ok, I would rather go for Chilli's burger which is almost the same price as Carl's. Just my 2 cents ^^

-eiling- said...

Cath J: Haha... I painted it myself. Have never done a manicure before!

Kimmy: I love Chilli's burger too! They are huge! Well, I'll give Wendy's a try. Soon I hope.

Kimmy said...

Yeah I do miss Chilli's burgers, sad thing is they are not available at the place I'm at. The only burgers available are McD, KFC and Jollibee.

-eiling- said...

Kimmy: Jollibee? Where's that?

Kimmy said...

Its in Philippines, Manila... but if not mistaken they have outlets in east Malaysia.

-eiling- said...

Kimmy: I see. So you're from Manila?

Kimmy said...

Nope I'm pure bred Malaysian, but currently residing in Manila due to work

suituapui said...

Sounds like some beer...??? There's Jolibee in Kuching...or maybe there was. Dunno if it's still in business. Filipino chain...

cibol said...

if let say, I decided to go ahead with the plan to go and eat at carl's junior . We might have bumped into each other .. ha ha ha. I was there in 1U whole day - almost

Anonymous said...

Carl's Jr is available at Glorietta 4. Makati has more fast food and restaurants than KL. Italianni's in Manila is U.S. licensed and Italiannies in MYS is a copycat.

Kimmy said...

Yeap I have to agree with you that there are more fastfood outlets here compared to KL, it's practically at every corner. By the way is there a Chilli's here in Makati? I know there is a Dome here. And the Sakae Sushi here sucks big time compared to the one in KL.

-eiling- said...

Kimmy: I see. Well, I think people in Philippines really fancy fast food eh?

STP: Jolibee sounds like a honey brand to me!

Cibol: Really?!! Haha... maybe next time. But I might not be able to recognise you.

Anon: I didn't know that Italinnies here is a copycat. i thought they were some international franchise.

KY said...

I went there quite a few times but now my fav burgers are at frontera & sid's :D

-eiling- said...

KY: Yeah I am so salivating at the Sid's burger that you ate!

foongpc said...

Yes, I think McD's fries is the best! But McD burgers suck!

Well, for those who can afford, Carl Jr is a better bet for burgers. For those who can't, have to settle for McD.

Btw, I have got an award for you : )

Huai Bin said...

I like McDonald's fries and BK's onion rings. I still thinks BK's burgers are the bomb coz I used to eat a lot of it (also Hungry Jacks) in melb. Can't beat the flame grilled BBQ goodness in BK. :)

-eiling- said...

Foongpc: Yes McD fries rock!

Huai Bin: Ok, I've yet to try any of them. Not a big fan of onion rings though.

Anonymous said...

If one likes BK burger will love Wendy’s.

Anonymous said...

Kimmy,

Chilli’s is at Greenbelt. Where do you live in Metro Manila? You don’t goto Makati?

Myhorng said...

the portion is too big for me.

-eiling- said...

Anon: I see. Ok will try.

Horng: Are you sure?!! I thought you can eat! (a lot)

Kimmy said...

Anonymous: I live at central Makati, Dela Costa Street ( not sure if thats the way you spell it ) 5 mins walk away from RCBC Tower. I hardly venture around Glorietta & Greenbelt area. I've been eating mostly takeaway food from McauLutong & Melaka.

Eiling: Sorry that we're clogging up your comment area ^^

C.H. Wan said...

dear EiLing, thanks for visiting my site. I thought this place would be better to answer your questions.

So far there isn't any reported serious side effects globally.This vaccine has been around for nearly 3 years. Side effect like pain and redness is normal in all injections, other than that, you have nothing to worry about.

C.H. Wan said...

Dear Ei Ling,
I seriously recommend you to get vaccinated. In support of GSK's noble idea to decrease its price so that more women from all walks of life would financially able to get themselves protected against this deadly disease. The pictures and photos are real, and real people who contracted this killer disease would wish they would have the vaccine available then.
I wrote to MAKNA and asked for support by providing a true life story of a cervical patient who had to go through so many treatments and how emotionally and physically taxing it was for them.
WHO wouldn't recognized this vaccine if its danger to our health.
My sincere advice EiLing, go for it.

-eiling- said...

Kimmy: It's ok. No worries.

Wan: My sister went for it weeks ago. I will but maybe later. Thanks for the info.

Kimmy said...

A food post turning into a killer disease topic hmmmm, I wonder what's for supper. ^^

Ian CHEONG said...

These gwai loh franchises really taking us Malaysians for a ride! Come in here and whack us RM 20 buckaroos for some processed meat stuck between some dough and charge us the same price as Middle East, but problem is NO ONE here is earning like Mid East.
Why not take a nice 5 hour Dim Sum Buffet at Li Jin, Pavillion (5 star location) for just RM 20++ also? Talk about value here! Too bad no SUPERDOG in Malaysia, like they do in Singapore, because > half the nation can't eat PORK frankfurters! And cheaper than KL too!

Anonymous said...

Kimmy,

Dela Costa is close to Malaysia embassy. It is safe, fun and not far to hang out at Glorietta & Greenbelt. Believe you will like the place.

-eiling- said...

Kimmy: haha... rojak post!

Ian: I like your answer. very true indeed. Hey I didn't know there's a dim sum buffet in Pavilion!

Lao said...

I would say try the Chili Cheese Burger @ Frontera Bar and Grill.

-eiling- said...

Lao: Ok. I will. Have yet to set foot there!

TheGunner said...

A good burger ALWAYS makes my day.

eiling lim said...

The Gunner: Hahha... so fattening!

3iLinG © 2008. Template by Dicas Blogger.

TOPO