Thursday, May 21, 2009

Have you ever been...

picked up by a petrol attendant early in the morning?

That was exactly what happened to me this morning when I was at the petrol station before going to work. As I was waiting for the tank to be filled, a Bangladeshi petrol attendant came and talked to me. He was quite good conversing in English and being a nice lady, I asked him how long he has been working here and bla, bla, bla.

But I was taken by surprise when he suddenly asked me how much I earn, am I married, do I have a boyfriend and when am I getting married in the exact order. I felt uncomfortable and I just smiled. In my heart I was impatiently waiting for the meter to touch RM100 and I'm off. When it ticked 100, I bid him goodbye and drove off.

What was he trying to do? Pick up girls at the petrol station?!!

I was craving for a heavenly American breakfast this morning. I did not have a good sleep as I don't sleep well after drinking. Yesterday, I was at Imbi Palace drinking with some friends and we had 3 bottles of wine from Margaux for 4 of us. This morning, I woke up feeling hungry and all I had was just bread and cheese with a glass of cold milk.

I missed the American breakfast set I had at KL Hilton sometime ago.



Eggs, hash brown, sausages, ham & mushroom...


With a cup of Earl Grey.

I liked the tomato sauce. It's so cute. They gave a new bottle each to every set of breakfast which I think is quite wasteful but paying RM40-50 for the breakfast set kinda justifies it!

18 comments:

Cath J said...

RM40 per person??? a bfast?? okayyyy...(??)

Myhorng said...

the mangkalai got expensive taste ar or what? LOLROF.

40 for breakfast is a bit siao.

fufu said...

wow... wow...the most expensive breakfast i ever had is only rm 35 in japan... and much better than the american breakfast you had... i had rice, grilled fish, pickled radish+cucumber, mini omelette,3slices of salmon(sashimi) with green tea =p hohohohoho..... anyway i love sipping coffee over the western style too

-eiling- said...

Cath J: Yeah it's crazy! Only the small miserable plate!

Horng: He got taste mah!

Fufu: Yours is definitely better!

Irenelim said...

How come no mangkalai petrol attendant picked me up before?

Anonymous said...

Breakfast at local hotels is absurdly overpriced and mostly serving crap.

suituapui said...

*faints RM40-50 for breakfast!!! For that kind of money, might as well have the buffet! I think it is cheaper and you get all the ham, bacon, sausages, eggs you want plus lots of other things - at some places e.g. Federal or Concorde.

P.S. No pretty petrol attendants here and even if we have, they will not be able to "pick me up"! Hahahahaha!!!

breadpitt said...

woot...he sure knows how to MULTITASK during work...lol!the ketchup bottle were cute;-)


p/s:eiling..not your fault at all , know what...i enjoyed...i cant sleep not because i suffer...too exited to try something new other than cake that u prefer ealier ...its bring me explore new things and the "ELLEN" is the first time i try to make it this way, i should thank you instead;-)

cibol said...

fuh 40-50 for breakfast???

Maybe the fella watch to many movies and read too much pick up lines till he just can't wait to use ALL of them!

Anonymous said...

ask him to pay for your breakfast first!

-eiling- said...

Irenelim: haha...

STP: you're right. Maybe the petrol attendant need to have a trolley! The price of breakfast at Hilton KL is outrageous.

Breadpitt: yeah very cute. Lucky you helped me make the cake! thanks.

Cibol: yeah that amount for the miserable small breakfast! Maybe he thought he can practice with me!

Anon: he'll have a heart attack!

KY said...

the type of ppl picking u up just gets better and better huh? LOL

-eiling- said...

KY: so mean... hmmph

auntielucia said...

Hi Eiling: 4 bottles of Chateau Margaux? Envy, envy! I too like American breakfast but am a bit stinge to eat in hotels.. the Singapore Cricket Club does a mean all-day English breakfast (same food as American breakfast) for about S$11.

As for that pick-up attempt: It happens all the time when one is friendly and the service provider is so naive as to read that as a 'come on'. That's y some customers prefer to be curt, I guess!

Anonymous said...

then,where do u think paris hilton money comes from to be called a `socialite'

-eiling- said...

Auntielucia: No it's not 4 bottles of CM. It's 3 bottles of wine from the Margaux appellation. I shouldn't be over friendly.

Anon: I know.. it's our money! Lol..

foongpc said...

Picked up by a petrol attendant? haha! First time I hear of such things! So why did you decline? LOL!

That's a nice breakfast, but for me, breakfast is just fruits and more fruits! Haha!

-eiling- said...

Foongpc: i ignored him. Fruits for breakfast?!! Hmm... not in my menu! Lol

3iLinG © 2008. Template by Dicas Blogger.

TOPO