Sunday, March 15, 2009

Office Politics

Recently, I've posted something about back-stabbing in the office. And it has been bugging me for a week now. Honestly, I'm a person who hates to deal with office politics. It's as if our country's politics is not bad enough that some people in my company decide to treat the office like a parliament. So who's the controlling party and who's the opposition?

I guess I must be the opposition because I'm not a "YES" lady. Never is and never will be. They know I like to defend my own views and that I have very strong opinions towards things that I dislike. Maybe this is my weakness and it makes me vulnerable to all the back-stabbing when I'm not around. After receiving the news that I've been at centre of the attention in the conference, I wrote a very polite email to defend my own justification of the promotion and only to receive a "terrible" email from this colleague of mine. Since he wrote me a "terrible" email, I have no choice but to rebut.

I hate people who back stabbed others just to save their own asses.

I never thought a man into his age could be so childish. In the past few months, my brand gondola has been occupying the store room and had received no complaints. However, after the whole email sending and replying incident, he told me to remove the gondola immediately. Hmm.. I burst out laughing after reading this sentence. How could a man of his seniority and position can be more childish than a quarter of a century old girl like me whom has just worked for 4 years?!!

Can't help but relate this incident with our current Bolehland political situation. Who dare say politician aren't good actors?!! I have already been stuck with lots of work and yet I have to deal with these office politics! Oh, and they are curious who told me about the comments and remarks made at me. I will never reveal my informer even on the day I call it quits! I may disagree with what you say, but I defend to my death your right to say it! The mouth is yours but sadly my ears can't be shut.

This is such a drama! All's the world a stage....







21 comments:

suituapui said...

That's what people do all the time - badmouth other people to hide their own inadequacies! In fact, they're even worse!!! This kind of people are everywhere!

-eiling- said...

STP: I totally agree with you!

eugene said...

hi eiling, i admire your stand in dealing with this problem of office politic but we cant really escape from it,it is what i call,the essence of a sane society formed by insane people.

But sometime we must be tactful in dealing with such people.

take care now, tomorrow will be another week and i am here wishing you a great week ahead

cibol said...

love it or hate it. It happens everywhere be it in the private sector and what more to say the government.

they're like a plague ...

Edi神 said...

live life cool...

he is cool... maybe jealous..

Jen said...

definitely NOT looking forward to (inevitable) experiences like this in the future! keeping my fingers and toes crossed since its hasnt even been half a year since i've become a Productive Member of Society (PMS) wtf.

Anonymous said...

and men and women merely players.......

wah you read shakespeare

not bad!! :)

breadpitt said...

im abit like u ..i guess.,,nv simply be a YES man even to my chef...lol! but still know when its the time to bow down. work politic is everywhere.hope u getting through it well;-)

foongpc said...

Office politics are always there, I guess. I don't like it, nobody likes it. But as long as you work, you gotta put up with it. Unless you work for yourself : )

Anonymous said...

Don't worry too much about such a guy. Your sexy legs would be enough to kill him. May be he deserves a kungfu kick from you.

Philip said...

I hate it and also not good in handling it, that's why I prefer to be on my own most of the time.Wish you all the best and always the winner because I believe you are always right.

-eiling- said...

eugene: Thanks! I wish you a good day ahead too! I have my own way in dealing with grown up kids.

Cibol: And I can't imagine why people waste time on politics than doing their work!

Edi: I'm furious!

Jen: The advice is - don't ever let anyone bully you. Let them know you're capable of defending yourself.

Anon: I took Eng Literature as a subject back then.

Breadpitt: You have gotta be a "no" man sometimes.

Foongpc: Insyallah I can be my own boss one day!

Anon: Kick in the balls or ass?

Philip: Thanks!

Myhorng said...

chill chilll cool down cool down..

VIZAVI said...

It is full of intrigue: Deceit, Conspiracy, Arm-twisting and Back-stabbing = Fucking Ass-hole and Barisan.

Anonymous said...

Is there one above him?

Is there an opportunity for you, him and the boss to be at the same place, either for a drink or meeting? then you bring up the matter to see if he can react properly. That will shut his mouth off. That will piss him off before kicking at the balls.

-eiling- said...

Horng: I'm cool... always...

Vizavi: hey, cool man... cool..

Anon: If there's a chance I will do it. The reason he had chosen to write such emails to me has already proved that he has no intention to confront me!

Anonymous said...

I think you are being bullied !
The swine .

-eiling- said...

Anon: That's why I need to retaliate.

kampungboycitygal said...

this is what me meant by the pen, in this case mouth is mightier than the sword..bad, bad people

-eiling- said...

Kampungboycitygal: Yes and I agree totally.

khaiRiL said...

hmm ofice politics'.. what is office politics'? we spend 10 hours a day for working, 6 hours of sleeping and another 8 hours of our day for our personal lifes. so working no matter in office, out of office or anywhere that is just part of life. I believes how does we see it as? how does we interprete comments or views from other ppl and how do we manage our ego but the root of any issues ... to get thru what are we facing for the day. :)

*peace*

3iLinG © 2008. Template by Dicas Blogger.

TOPO